MY PERSONAL JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION (J.E.D.I.) STATEMENT
As a professional photojournalist, documentary filmmaker, and documentary photographer, it is my goal to produce excellent work while promoting the values of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
I commit to:
- uphold high ethical standards in portraying subjects (individuals, families, and communities) in the photos and videos I take
- portray subjects in my photos and videos with dignity and integrity
- acknowledge the underlying inequalities that individuals and families in communities I document are experiencing
- represent the diversity of voices, gender, age, ability/disability, race, ethnicity, religion, access, class, and culture in the stories I document
- include stories, voices, and perspectives that are often dismissed, relegated, and marginalized by mainstream media
I am a signatory to the Photo Bill of Rights that calls for a more inclusive and equitable visual media industry.